The SHIEC Events Committee is seeking speaker proposals for the 2021 SHIEC Annual Conference that will be held August 15 – 18, 2021 at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona. SHIEC is working on a hybrid conference approach this year (a combination of in-person and virtual attendance), and as the SHIEC Events Committee prepares for SHIEC21, we will continue to monitor the national and local progress in responding to the COVID pandemic and the vaccine rollout.
Our theme this year is The Role of Health Information Exchange: Innovation in Public Health, Partnerships, and Pandemic Response. Please consider incorporating the conference theme when submitting a proposal.
All proposals are due by May 3, 2021. Speakers will be notified no later than June 21, 2021 if their presentation has been accepted for the conference. Since this will be a hybrid conference, please indicate if each speaker can present in-person or virtual only. Proposals received after the deadline will not be accepted.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Speakers must be one of the following: SHIEC Member Representative, Strategic Business & Technology (SB&T) Member Representative or a regional or national subject matter experts in their presentation topic.
- Organizations are not limited to the number of proposals they wish to submit. However, to ensure a variety of perspectives, the SHIEC Events Committee intends to select no more than two proposals from any given organization or speaker.
- Anyone from an organization may submit a proposal, however each topic should be submitted as a separate proposal. More than one speaker may be proposed, but each speaker should be identified in the section(s) provided below.
- Indicate if each speaker can present in-person or virtual only.
- All speakers are required to participate in a speaker orientation conference call. All speaker presentations will be posted on the Member 365 or SHIEC website for conference attendees to access.
- All speakers must submit their presentation by the deadline provided. The guidelines and requirements will be sent to speakers via email upon acceptance of their proposal.
- All speakers will receive complimentary SHIEC Conference registration. SHIEC will register speakers for the conference. In-person speakers will need to make their own travel arrangements, at their own expense. Speakers will be provided the hotel registration link to receive the group conference rate. The hotel cut-off date is July 23, 2021.